Wednesday, February 25, 2009

6th Folder, 6th Picture

I always have to laugh when I see things said about folders etc. As if I knew what anyone was talking about!! But, now that I have been scanning old pictures, I may know what you are talking about.
My mother is on the right, standing with her sisters Effie and Hazel and her brother, James. My mother was an orphan at age 3, having lost her mother at age 18 months. Effie was barely married and quite young when she took in her 3 orphaned siblings to raise as her own. She went on to have 5 children of her own. Everyone of them is gone now, but I know they are together. It is another story for later, of the reunion my mother had with her parents that she never knew. There were also 2 brothers that died before she was born. Thanks for the memories.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment