Monday, July 13, 2009

What A Man

I know this is a lousy picture, but one of the only ones I have with my Aunt Mary (my dad's sister) and my Uncle John. It wasn't until I started doing family history, that I was able to put some puzzle pieces together about their lives. Aunt Mary's first husband was also named John. He passed away at a young age and left her a young widow with 5 sons. I just think what a jewel of a man to marry a woman with that many children and help to raise them. He has to be a special man.
The part that I wanted to tell was my experience with Uncle John. He and Aunt Mary were "babysitting" us. I have no idea where our parents were or how long they were gone. I had gone into the bathroom wearing some costume jewelry. (you know where this story is headed!) I did my "big" job on the toilet and of course a piece of the jewelry fell into the toilet. I carried on for so long that finally poor Uncle John put his hand into the toilet to retrieve the jewelry. I don't even think I would do that for my own children. He was a saint. This is one of the few memories I have of my childhood home and it is a tad bit embarrassing to remember. Uncle John, will you forgive me?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment