Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Michigan

I spent 10 days in Michigan and I must say I am tired!!!!!!!! Miss Sarah and I watched her children and Miss Jill's children for a few days while the new doctor and his wife went to Princeton to look for a house. There were times when it was very, Very, Very, crazy, like baths, meals, and bedtime. Having seven children under the age of 8 can be a challenge but we made a good team.
Michigan was so green!!!!!!!! The weather (for me) was great. I loved the rain, storms, lightening, and loud thunder. I just remembered that there were no tornado warnings while I was there.
So, besides my daughters and the seven grandchildren, my favorite things were the animals. I just had to look out the windows and be entertained. (deer, woodchuck, chipmunks, squirrels, robins, and cardinals) My favorite time was when these two dogs were running around the woods behind Miss Sarah's house. After awhile I realized they were not dogs, but 2 fawns. Their mothers were trying to get them to settle down for the night. We could relate!!!!
We went to the public library (the best library ever), strawberry picking, a nature preserve, the AirZoo, a Children's Museum, and Amish country in Shipshewana, Indiana. We tried to keep everyone busy and entertained.
I am glad to be home with Mr Daniel, but I miss all the activities, reading, hugs, and sweeping the floor after meals!
Since I am still challenged, we will have to wait for pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you had quite the time. I can relate to the kids and noise. BUT, tell me again, why we live in Arizona? I saw a lizard and a dead bird that a cat had eaten in my backyard...and it was hot as heck out there, too. Glad you're home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are missing Grandma! We need someone to read to us! We need someone to snuggle with. As Christina said--i need to see Grandma right now!

    ReplyDelete