Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Not April Fools

This is where Mr Daniel and I went yesterday. You know how it is getting ready to go. I guess you might not know - no kids or babysitter. We planned the day, where to leave Mr Daniel's truck, what time to pick him up from work etc. Of course, I showered, did my hair, got dressed and had everything ready to go. I talked on the phone all the way to Phoenix and then kept talking all the way to Mesa. We were going to eat in the cafeteria and I was going to have chocolate pie for dessert. Well, imagine our surprise when we get there and the gates are closed and the parking lot is empty. The pageant hasn't started yet, but why were we the only ones in Arizona that didn't know the temple is closed for 2 weeks for maintenance??????????? We tried...do you get blessings for trying??
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. You should have come over to my house... I would have made you a chocolate pie! :) Angie was over yesterday too! It would have been fun to see you and Bro. Mac. By the way, I love the vinyl lettering! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got the blessings...you were obedient, good attitude, and would have followed through if possible. You are a great example in many things. Obedience is One of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I think you get blessings for trying. I am sad that the Temple is closed for two weeks! I was hoping to go while I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! We've done the same thing!! I was so sad... and also hopeful that we got "credit" for trying.. ;) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete